Friday, December 14, 2007

Best mom EVER!


I know that there are a few of you that think you are going to get mother of the year. I mean, Sarah has the coolest blog in town and Amber Lindemann runs a successful business while being a kick ass mom. Holly just brought another Farley male into the world, god help her. I personally think I have got them ALL beat.

Okay, I thought that I was doing really good. It had been a couple of weeks since Hayden had started crawling. So far, we only had a few minor spills, until last Saturday. Hank and Emily went to Centralia to get yet another boat. Yes, we now have 2 boats in our garage. I haven't lost my mind, the newest edition is only a borrower. Anyway, back to the original story. Hayden and I were having a great time at home; cuddling, playing, eating. I decided to clean the kitchen, when it happened. Hayden crawled into the kitchen to see me and was deterred by the STAIRCASE! Next thing I hear is him crying all the way down to the basement floor. I had forgot to close the door behind me after carrying laundry down. I had that instant sick feeling. I picked him up and immediately looked him over. All I could find was a few rug burns on his leg and a huge bump on his left eye. Needless to say, we didn't go to the weekly Baltzell family dinner on Sunday, I didn't want to answer all the questions about what, why, and how it happened. I know that this is only the beginning.

Are there any other nominations for this prestigious award?

No comments: