Tuesday, February 26, 2008



Yesterday, I had an awful day. Nothing went the way I planned it. I got to work and we were short staffed. I didn't have the right equipment for the job. I spilled water all over the paperwork. The last straw was when I didn't leave work untill 3:30 am, which left me with over an 18 hour day. So, what is a gal to do at 3:30 am but go get Starbucks. The Starbucks in Terre Haute by the I-70 ramp is open 24 hours. I pulled up and ordered my Grande Skinny Mocha, and this is when my day truned around. When I drove up to the window, I realized I didn't have any cash, it was in my workout bag (some more of my great luck). Well, God must have been listening. The friendly Starbucks worker opened up the drivethru window, handed me my latte, and said, "Here you go, its on us"!!! I don't know why, nor do I care. I am sure he thought I must be going through caffine withdrawl, because I smiled from ear to ear. Isn't it funny how 18 hours of shear madness can be turned around with a little kindness and a free cup of Starbucks.

2 comments:

Amanda M said...

Sounds like your day definately ended and started on a good note! Since it was 3:30 am and all.

hncfarley said...

I bet someone has been watching Oprah and decided to pay it forward. Probably reading "A new Earth" by Eckart Tolle.
Thank God for Oprah, now I am craving a latte from starbucks.