Monday, April 7, 2008

Great Fun






This weekend I ran my first race. Ashley Bunton and I ran the 5k and Holly Farley and Cherylee (sp) Pitcher ran the 10k. Ashley and I did awesome! We finished in 32:36, which was under what I had set as my goal. I think we were in the top half of our race and most of the runners who passed us were young and in great shape. Holly Farley is a ROCK STAR, she ran the 1ok merely months after giving birth to Luke. Ashley and I decided she is our hero.

Later that night a group of us went out, it is our Current River Crew. Hank met up with us later, he had to work late at Ameren. When we get together with these couples, I feel very fortunate to have good friends. I laughed so hard throughout the night, has anyone heard of an Abraham Lincoln?
Good food, good friends, what else can a gal ask for. I only wish Evan and Ashley lived closer. Thanks everyone for a great time. Can't wait till June!

2 comments:

Amanda M said...

Congratulations to all. What an achievement!

Ashley and Evan said...

You're so sweet Jamee! I wished we lived closer too. I can honestly say that was one of the best nights I've had in a long time. My stomach hurt from laughing so hard! By the way, you're the best running partner a girl could have! Can't wait to do it again!