Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Please pray for my family

Tomorrow, when you are sitting around your dinner table, please pray for my family. My brother Ryan and Sarah were blessed with a beautiful baby boy today. Jereme Russell Higginbotham was born at 12:59 pm. He weighed 7.2 lbs is 20 inches long. To look at him, he is perfect, but inside he has a problem. Baby Jereme was sent to Children's Hospital in STL quickly after he was born due to a defect with his colon. Sarah is still in Mattoon, unable to be released from the hospital until tomorrow. So, tonight I sit in a hotel room with my scared brother and mother, thinking about what I am thankful for.
I am thankful for my husband who is home with my kids. I am thankful for my 2 healthy children who give me joy everyday. I am thankful for my mother and grandmother who give me strength. I am thankful for my brother who is becoming a father before my eyes. I am thankful for the rest of my family and friends for their support.
Baby Jereme will most likely have surgery on Friday. The physicians believe the surgery will be a success and Jereme will make a full recovery. During this time, please think of my family and pray for them.
Jamee

3 comments:

Amanda M said...

Jamee
Sending up prayers. I am in the area if you need ANYTHING. Please let me know.
Amanda

Betsy R said...

Sending you and your family prayers.

Aubrey said...

I'll be thinking of you...hoping everything turns out just fine...

Stay strong for your brother... I know brothers can turn to mush after becoming a father.