Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I did it...I really did it

Today, after getting the news I have another nephew...Jackson Robert Baltzell, 4lbs 11oz and 2 months early, I took all ALL of Emily's clothes to Anita Thompsons re-sale shop on the square. If you know me, you know I have had drama with what to do with her outfits. First I thought about E-bay, but it took too much time. Then I tried a garage sale, and even though I made some mad cash, I didn't sell nearly enough to make a dent in the amount. Next, I hauled all the clothes to Once Upon a Child...not a good experience to say the least and I believe I blogged about it.
After all this, the clothes have been sitting in my basement.

Today was the day, I was not turning back. I went in with 5 totes, 2 garbage bags, and a laundry basket full of clothes. I dropped them off and I didn't look back. I hope they go to good homes and are taken care of. I feel personel connections to her Sarah Louise hand smocked dresses and Indigo painted outfits. All her Ralph Lauren, Tommy, Gap, Le Top, Mimi and Maggie...I will let go, just not today.

1 comment:

Ashley and Evan said...

That's a lot less things you have to move when you find the prime piece of land in the country!