Thursday, September 11, 2008

Shots, fleas, and my day off.

I didn't work today, Dr Saliba is taking every other Thursday off so Dr. Braddy (new ob/peds Dr. in Dieterich) can come to Newton to see patients. I am happy for this, ever since I started working 5 days a week I can't find the time to get everything done, like paying bills and cleaning the house. Today was my day, Emily and Hayden had an appointment to get their shots updated, Emily had school and I was going to study during this time, and then she had tumbling and I was going to run errands while she was up town. We were going to come home, eat dinner, and then go to bed early so I could start my Nip/Tuck DVD. This was my plan, here is my reality.

I took Emily and Hayden to get shots at the Health Department and Emily was 2 weeks early. It slipped my mind when I made the appointment that she needed to be 4, so she has to go back. Hayden did get this shots and TB test and lead test, he was super brave. We came home to find Hank on the front porch. Hank has been working nights for the past few because something is broke, can't tell you much more than that. Well, I had forgot he didn't have a key on his "new" Ford Focus key ring and I locked the door. He wasn't happy to say the least. I got everyone in the house and settled down. I put Hayden down for a nap (ah, quiet time) but Emily yelled for me and he woke up after 45 min. Its 1100.

1200, Hank is in bed and Emily is getting ready for school when I look at Kyzer (Mem's dog that use to be our dog). Meme tells me Kyzer has been acting up lately, running off and getting into trouble. She thinks he may be mad at her for leaving him at home on occasion. So, I am looking at him and thinking he looks really skinny. Then I see a patch of hair missing on his side. I decide to make him an appointment with the vet and give him a bath. Its at this point I notice he has fleas, really bad fleas. I should mention now that I HATE BUGS. Me and bugs are like Sarah D. and frogs. I immediately take him outside and start itching. Then I start cleaning like a mad woman.

2:30, I take Kyzer to the vet, who acts like I am a dirty-butt woman with my flea ridden dog. I felt so bad for the dog, I asked for pain killers for him and took him home. Then I went to pick up Emily for school. I came home and continued to clean my house, vacuuming for the 3rd time. At 4:30 I woke Hank up to go to work and realized I had forgot to take Emily to her tumbling lesson, crap.

Now normal stuff happens, like dinner and baths and night-night time. Hayden's new thing is give everyone in the house, no matter who is here, a good night kiss and wave "night-night" Emily usually gets 2 kisses and he will actually tell her night-night sissy. Its pretty cute and usually one of the highlights of my day.

8:30, time to study. I log onto blackboard and watch my video-stream of my class that is posted and then search for theory articles for my discussion post this week. P.S., I flip'n hate theory, I don't get it at all and I don't really care. Its only the beginning of the 2nd week and I am already done with it. Done in the sense that my mind is done with it. December can't get here quick enough.

This is my day off, at least I get to go back to work tomorrow.

3 comments:

Betsy R said...

Don't ya just love days off. It never fails that things go wrong on the days that you are trying to get everything done.

Ashley and Evan said...

I don't understand why you couldn't find time to watch Nip/Tuck...it sounds like you had plenty of time! :=)

By the way, I don't think I will complain about my gov't class anymore knowing that you have to take theory...yuck!

Jamee said...

Nah, go ahead and gripe, then I am not the only one.