Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What are the chances


Today was suppose to be Emily's first day of school. But she didn't go, she is sick. What are the chances.

Emily started with sinus/allergy crap on Friday. I treated her over the counter with medicine but it got out of hand by the end of the long weekend. Yesterday she started vomiting and by this morning she was really ill. I took her to see Dr. Saliba and he said "no school". What, its her first day, she can't miss this. But she did and we are both very sad, me more so than her. Her teacher thanked me for not sending her, I felt like a super bad mom becasue I really wanted her to go, sick or not. Then I imagined her vomiting in her classroom, she would be so embarassed. I feel like I am partly to blame.

Tonight, she feels better. We are going to keep our fingers crossed for tomorrow. I hope she didn't miss out on a lot today.