Thursday, August 28, 2008

Pre-K Orientation and crazy pills

Tuesday night Emily, Hank, and I went to her Pre-K orientation, it was great for Emily and Hank yet a little overwhelming for me. I think it has a little to do with the fact that I have been in denial over the whole situation. The book bag, the school bus, being gone everyday, me not being there with her to protect her from bullies and such. Up to this point I haven't even gotten her immunizations, birth certificate, or physical done. Well, it all came to head on Tuesday when I was filling out the paperwork. There I was, sitting in a tiny chairs filling out paper work. Answering question like, who can pick her up and who to contact in case of an emergency, I started feeling a little panicky. Its a combination of my baby girl starting school and the job change and starting my NP program, why can't I do anything in moderation.
So, today I took the plunge and went to see Nicole Wochner, who is wonderful in my mind. I explained all of this and how I feel and god bless her, she wrote me a script for Zoloft. Now, it may be taboo to some that I am admitting this, but not me. I am not above saying I need help in the form of a tiny pill. I started it immediately.


Emily and her Build a Bear "Pretty" getting ready to leave for orientation. Pretty has a book bag a well. Emily has no separation issues at all. In fact, I think she would have went into the high school by herself if I would have let her.

A least I still have Hayden, perhaps he will show a little hesitation when it comes to leaving for school.
Scratch that, he would have followed her out the door given the chance.

4 comments:

Amanda M said...

I love the little pills. to be honest I am on Cymbalta myself and don't know what I would do without them. They help out soooo much.

Ashley and Evan said...

I'm jealous. Maybe I need to get on something.

Anonymous said...

Your children are adorable! I know about orientation time! I have 2 to go to this week for my boys!! It's a chaotic time of year for sure!

Anonymous said...

My name is Stephen Long and i would like to show you my personal experience with Zoloft.

I am 40 years old. Have been on Zoloft for 2 years now. Zoloft certainly got rid of my depression and anxiety. It also helped me with sleeping and I did not gain any weight like others have. However I was younger when I tried this so perhaps my metabolism worked differently then. It was impossible to reach orgasm on this drug so I would sometimes delay taking my drug to give my body a mini wash out period and this helped. However, if I waited too long to take the tablet, I endured severe headaches and had to lie down. Fortunately, this was reversible as soon as I took the drug again. I eventually tapered off this drug thanks to my doctor's plan which worked perfectly. The main reason I gave up Zoloft is because at the time there were reports saying that long term use of it was dangerous.

I have experienced some of these side effects -
Sweatiness, loss of libido, EXTREME headaches if forget to take drug.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Stephen Long

Zoloft Prescription Information