Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Big News, HUGE!



For some time Hank and I have had news to share. We haven't shared it or hardly talked about it for fear it wouldn't happen or we would jinx ourselves. So here it is, Hank got a new job. Hank will now be working at Coffeen Power Plant as the Maintenance Supervisor over the boiler. Also, he will be the 2nd youngest Maintenance Supervisor Ameren has ever hired. I am busting with excitement. No more unemployment or working out of state. He will actually have vacation time and sick time and somewhat normal hours. I know it will be a change and change is always hard at first, but he is up for the challenge. I am so proud of him, he has worked hard to get here and its finally paid off. YEAH:)

9 comments:

Betsy R said...

How great for the both of you!!!

Ashley and Evan said...

Yippee! How great. Tell Hank congratulations. Better yet, I'll tell Hank congrats with a big wet kiss!

Seriously though, that is awesome. It will be so much better for your family.

amberlindemann said...

Hooray!

Maybe Hank can thank Jesus himself when Ashley comes home and brings him with her and Evan.....

Jamee said...

Oh, that would be good, maybe I can get a picture of Hank thanking Jesus with a hand shake. Ah, probably not, I am guessing Hank would thank everyone before the almighty.

Christina said...

Yay!!! :-) Congrats to Hank!!!

Rebekah said...

congrats! very happy for you guys!

hncfarley said...

Congratulations, Hank! We are so proud of you. I can't believe you are leaving the brotherhood. I will miss all the stories about your boy, John. Luckily, I can now read Shasta's blog for stories that make fun of him. Good luck with the new gig! I'll thank Jesus for you.

Sarah D said...

Woo Hoo!
Ring a bell!

Hometown boy does good.

Way to go Hank.

At least we can all say we knew you when.

Jyn said...

Way to go Hank! It is a big change when they get off the road and join Ameren. You will find yourself looking at one another and saying...So this is what it is like to be somewhat normal. Enjoy the family time :-)