Saturday, August 2, 2008

OUAC = Waste of Time




Today I decided to take Emily's clothes to Once Upon A Child (OUAC). In a recent post I had decided to try Ebay. Ebay was okay, not much hassle, but I ended giving a $145 dress up for $5.35. Mind you, I do realize it is partly my fault, I didn't think to put a reserve on the dress.
So anyway, today the kids and I took off for Terre Haute with 6 totes of Emily's clothes. I dropped off the totes and was told to return in 3-4 hours. Not a big deal, we went to the mall and ate.
I returned at 7:30 and my totes were sitting in an area with 2 small hampers on top of them. The 2 small hampers is all OUAC wanted to purchase from me. The amount of clothes added up to about half a tote. The girl at the desk issued me a check for $113, barely enough to pay for my flippin gas and dinner, and I was left to re-load all my totes. I wasn't angry they didn't take more of Emily's clothes, I was put out at the time wasted for $113. Also, the "buyer" was a 18 year old girl who had probably just graduated from high school, what does she know about kid clothes. They bought all my Old Navy, Gap, and Tommy clothes and rejected all the high price outfits. I am sure they didn't know the brands and Old Navy, Gap, and Tommy sell better in our area.
Since I have 5.5 totes of clothes left, I am going to have a garage sale to try to get rid of what I can. Whats left is either going to Catholic Charities or Ebay.
If anyone knows of a little girl who is in need of super cute clothes, send them my way.

4 comments:

Sarah D said...

We need to find you a good resale shop that sells upscale children's clothing.

It sucks you have had bad luck with Once Upon a Child and ebay.

You just need to find the right person that appreciates what you have. I hate to see you "give it away" at a garage sale!

Sarah

Betsy R said...

That stinks. Last time I was there I had good luck. I think that you need to catch them on the right day.

Anonymous said...

Ok Jamee- email me- I'd like to take a peek somehow. Courtney

Leslie said...

What size clothes are they?? I might be interested

Leslie Kocher