Thursday, August 27, 2009

Prayer request


For everyone who has read my blog over the past couple years, you know I have mentioned from time to time that Hayden doesn't sleep well. What I haven't mentioned is he snores really loud too. It has gotten to the point were he is waking up Emily and I. Because of all this, I decided I needed to take him to see Dr. Smith (ENT) in Effingham. That was last Thursday, and after listening to his symptoms and taking one look in his nose and throat, he scheduled him for surgery. Apparently the sleepless nights, snoring, and even nightmares have been caused by Obstructive Sleep Apnea. So, he hasn't been a difficult child, he just doesn't breath well when he lays down. Talk about feeling like a great mom and nurse!! Anyway, Hayden is scheduled for surgery first thing Monday morning. Tonsils and adenoids out, a good look around while they are in there, and an overnight stay will hopefully get him on the road to recovery and better sleep.
Even though I know this is the BEST thing for him, I am scared out of my mind. So, just asking for a few thoughts and prayers for my very best little man.
Thanks.

8 comments:

hncfarley said...

Good luck. We'll be praying for him. We were so worried last year when Ross and Luke got tubes and that was nothing. I guess it's just human nature to worry. He'll be fine and you can all get some rest. Maybe I should get my tonsils out?

Anonymous said...

We will be praying for your little man and your family. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Sarah D said...

I'm here whatever you need.

I know you are so scared, but know this is for the best.

Hopefully in a week or so Hayden will be sleeping like a champ.

Unknown said...

We will be praying. Our daughter had that done when she was 4 and I wont lie it was rough after the surgery I felt like horrible making her drink and eat ice cream because she would cry so hard that it hurt. She did not have to stay overnight but wish she would have. I am happy to report she no longer snores and usually sleeps all night now. There is hope.

kellyhemrich said...

Have you heard about how obstructive airways cause the teeth to be screwed up? Not only will your little man be able to sleep, it might save you some orthodontic bills in the future! We will send prayers your way!!

Dora Jo said...

Jamee, Dr. Smith did surgery on CP when he was 8, tonsils, adnoids, sinus sugery all at the same time. He is a wonderful man and physician! Hayden will be in great hands. We will be praying. I know how frightening it is to have your child put out. But I was indeed worth it!

Kocher Family said...

LOVE Dr. Smith, he put kayla's tubes in. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE him! Good luck, your little man is in good hands! We'll be thinking of him!

prashant said...

He'll be fine and you can all get some rest. Maybe I should get my tonsils out?

How to make a website