Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Emily's conversation topics

Emily has been sick since last Friday. Apparently she started with a virus, then progressed to full blown bronchitis and an ear infection. Emily and I have spent a lot of time together, just her and I over the last 5 days. Here are a few of her conversation starters...

"Mama, can you have a skin ache?"

"Mama, I feel like I have bugs buzzing around in my head, do you think bugs are in my brain?"

Mama, what is your favorite animal?" I don't know Emily, whats yours? "Well, a pig of course, and a dog, and a turtle, and a horse, and a ladybug, and a worm, and a cricket, and a snail. Oh yeah, I like Zebras too."

"Mama, I know what Meme (my grandma) needs" What Sis? "She needs one of those Hoverround chairs, and they only cost a penny"

"Mama, I think from now on I am going to only eat things I don't have to chew, like pudding and jello and ice-cream." What about soup? "No, because you have to chew the meat in soup, and you know I don't like meat...or potatoes. Except for sweet potatoes, you can fix them for me and I won't have to chew them."

"Mama, it's not fun to be sick, but I really like staying home with you" Me too Sis.

No comments: