Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A few days ago, while I was brushing Emily's teeth, I noticed a dark spot on one of her back teeth. So, Emily and I went to see Dr Dill today. Emily had seen Dr Dill to have her teeth counted, but this time she had them cleaned. Everything was going okay until he said, "come look at this mom". Now, I remember this from when I was little, it usually meant that my mom needed to see something that wasn't good. Sure enough, Emily has a big cavity. Since she is so young, she has to go to a pedi-dentist in Champaign tomorrow. I, of course, feel like a bad mom for letting her drink so much juice (which Dr Dill informed me was the worst thing to give her). So, tomorrow Emily and I are going to get her cavity fixed. They will give her laughing gas to fix it, and I will probably cry. As for the juice, Emily is going to start drinking more milk.

4 comments:

Sarah D said...

I hope Emily gets to go the mall, ride the merry-go-round and pick out a treat!!

hncfarley said...

Don't feel bad.... Our story:
Cole came home 3 weeks ago and said "Elly says I have a cavity" First of all what is Elly doing in Cole's mouth?? One to ponder.
We looked and noticed he had a hole the size of a small country in his back molar(permanent one). And a year and a half ago he was declared cavity free.
We saw Dr. Dill and found out he has 4 others, yes you read that right. Luckily he was able to fix the big hole avoiding a root canal!! And now we have two more appointments and he did well enough to not go to a pedi dentist.
Now you must feel better about your parenting. My real point is that Cole brushes religiously twice a day and uses ACT, so SHIT happens. I still vote you Mother of the year.

Jamee said...

Thanks, is it the boobs? Because, thats not mother of the year, thats wife of the year. Anyway, Emily did GREAT, no gas needed. They did suggest she have her teeth sealed, she has Hank's bad teeth genes.

Sarah D said...

Really, what was Elly Eaton doing in Cole's mouth?

Odd things happen on a school bus.