Sunday, January 25, 2009

Peak a Boo, Do you see me?

Hayden has started having a small seperation issue. I know it is only a phase, but it seems like he is much worse with it than Emily. But, as I think about it, Emily has been extremely independent since birth. Hayden isn't this way, he doesn't like to be alone. Before Christmas Hayden learned how to crawl out of his bed, after the first of the year he decided he didn't want to sleep in it anymore. Since then, I have not had a full night of rest. It sucks bigger than I can tell you. With infants it is expected not to sleep, but I had gotten past that time with the kids. Last week I couldn't stand it anymore. We decided to convert Hayden's bed into a toddler bed and put a TV in his room, hoping all of this would make a difference. I talked up the "big boy bed" and new TV to him, but it didn't work. He was still up several times that night and every night since.

Not only will Hayden not sleep in his room by himself, he will not stay in the bathtub without someone sitting with him. After several attempts to run naked into the living room, he finally got wise and decided to sit where he could hear us talking, but we couldn't see him. The above picture is of this tactic, it obviously didn't work very well for him. But, after I scolded him and put him back into the tub, Hank and I laughed our asses off.

If anyone has any advice for me, let me know.

5 comments:

hncfarley said...

Man, I would say bribery, but he is really too young for that. Uugh!
Keep drinking your coffee.

Ashley and Evan said...

The t.v. didn't work??? I think you're screwed!

hncfarley said...

Tell him that if he wakes up in the middle of the night to crawl in bed with Emily.

Amanda M said...

So cute! We still have this problem with Nick. I think the farley suggestion of telling him to crawl in bed with Emily is the key! haha.

Jamee said...

Uh huh, right up to the point where she freaks and kicks him out of bed, then they are both wide awake.