Saturday, January 3, 2009

Who's Resoluting???

Did anyone make any good resolutions? I usually do the typical, "I want to loose 20 pounds by July", but this year I switched it up. I decided I needed to address a few issues, like yelling at my kids, cooking, and balancing my check book. Yes, I yell too much and I can see Emily starting to pick up my bad habit. So, I am working on it. Second, I only cook about a night a week, my kids favorite meal is corn dogs! So, I am looking for any easy and quick recipes. Last, I haven't balanced our checkbook in about 5 years. It has gotten me into trouble a couple of times, I am sure the First National Bank loves to see me coming. I just ordered my duplicate checks to help with this small issue. I'll see how it goes, yelling at the kids is going to be the hardest to master, and the odds are stacked against me.

8 comments:

Sarah D said...

Corn dogs are pretty good. Maybe not every night, but nothing wrong with having them a couple of nights.

My resolution is to be better organized and not hold on to so much crap. I am already getting ready for a garage sale in a couple of months.

Kocher Family said...

I have made almost the same resolution.....Not yelling at my kids (scotts getting on me about it and I can also see it in the kids), Not eating out as much which in turns helps the checkbook! Do you like chicken breast? I have a great recipe for you. Let me know if your interested!

Amanda M said...

Jamee,
I think you should have everyone send you a quick and easy recipe who reads your blog. You may have enough recipies for a couple weeks!
I have lots if you are interested let me know and i will email them to you!

Browningblog said...

Hey Jamee,
If you are looking for quick, easy recipes, check out kraft.com. I love this website, in the advance search, you can type in items you have on hand and let it find recipes that include those, you can also check the box for ready in 30 minutes or less and prepare in 30 minutes or less (I make these of a morning and bake them that evening. One of my favorites on there is Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Pork. Just make sure you use Kraft's Sweet & Sour Sauce, the others don't taste so well in it- Also, the Creamy Chicken Enchiladas that I talked about on my blog not too long ago came from there. Good Luck!

Jamee said...

Yeah, send me all your good meal ideas. I love Kraft! I will be going to the website today.

Sarah D said...

Mindy is right, that is a great place to find recipes. I have gotten some good ones from them.

I will have to look up the ones she mentioned.

Sara B. said...

I am also a Kraft fan. You can also subscribe to a free magazine. That has there monthly recipes.

hncfarley said...

I was going to stop gossiping as much....but Amanda and Sarah won't let me.
So, my other resolutions were to spend less and be more patient. And of course be healthier in general...we will see.
We should have a recipe post, it has been awhile and maybe we could all get some new recipes for the new year.
I can't wait to check out craft.