Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Coffee maker review, part 2

Since the Farley's may be in the market for the ultimate Keurig coffee maker, I thought I would expand on my love for it. The coffee is gourmet, plus it also brews hot cocoa and hot tea. Some of the brands include Paul Newman (he donates all proceeds of sales), Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Gloria Jean's, Tully's, Celestial Seasonings, and Ghirardelli (yum, chocolate). Each come in "K-cups" which look like little shot glasses of coffee. You put them in the top of the maker and choose which size you want made (small, medium, or large). Literally, 5 seconds later you have a hot cup of coffee, tea, or cocoa. Remove the K-cup and your done, no clean-up. And an hour later, if you want another cup you make a fresh one.

Obviously, nothing is perfect. The maker is larger than a regular coffee maker, so it takes up more room on the cabinet. Also, when the reservoir is filling it makes a vibrating sound, but it only lasts a few seconds. The K-cups are more expensive then Folgers, but not as expensive as going through the drive-thru every morning. Plus, Folgers sucks, just trust me. A box of 25 K-cups is around $13. You can order them on-line or buy at many department stores. I usually can find them on sale at Kohl's. So there, all you need to know. Any questions??

6 comments:

Ashley and Evan said...

Now I want one! I'm up for anything that makes life more convenient

Sarah D said...

Jamee,

Will this keep you from Solid Grounds? Say it ain't so. The place would close its doors without you!!

Jamee said...

No, the coffee maker doesn't make my kids disappear, its not that great. I still need somewhere to go to study for the next 2 years.

hncfarley said...

Sounds great. I was actually thinking about something for my office.And honestly the coffee in the union has alot to be desired. Does the coffee come out hot? I like it to take the skin off.
The one I have now comes out luke-warm.

Jamee said...

It comes out hot! Plus, they have a smaller version, it comes in red, white, or black. Also, if you want to stick with the green thing, the company offers a reusable cup that you can put your own coffee in to brew and clean out. For me, convienence trumps landfill. May be something you or Ashley would be interested in though

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.