Friday, January 23, 2009

Um Um Good

This week I started my "cooking every night" goal. This weeks winner is the corn dog casserole, submitted for me by http://amrbrowning.blogspot.com/. Emily, Hank, and Hayden LOVED it, they ate the whole casserole in one setting. Here is the recipe, I highly recommend it if your kids love corndogs. Emily gave it 2 thumbs up.

Corn Dog Casserole
1 c celery
1 TBSP margarine
3/4 c green onion
1 pkg hot dogs
1 egg
3/4 c milk
1 tsp sage
pepper
1 pkg corn muffin mix
1 c shredded cheddar cheese

Saute celery and onion in margarine, set aside. cut hot dogs in halves then thirds; saute until light brown. Add hot dogs to veggies, Set aside 1 cup of mix. In large bowl, combine egg, milk, sage and pepper, add remaining veg mix. Stir in corn muffin mix. Add 3/4 c of the cheese. Spread into shallow 1 1/2 quart baking dish, top with reserved mix and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered at 400 degrees for 30 minutes until golden brown. Makes 6 servings.

Here is the finished product, I decided to garnish it with some tater tots. Gotta have the garnish.




2 comments:

Amanda M said...

That sounds like something my little man would eat...my husband on the other hand is another story. I think I will have to try this out!

Browningblog said...

Sorry I hadn't been over to your blog for a while! Glad you liked the casserole- it is still a favorite at my house, eventhough my boy isn't so little anymore.