Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My new job

For the past 8 years I have been driving back and forth to Terre Haute for work. I am grateful for Terre Haute, it has given me a good job since I became a nurse. But, as with everything, times change. Actually, gas prices change. When I started I could gas up in Terre Haute for $0.99/gallon. Those days are long gone. That, and those crazy Hoosiers decided to go to daylight savings time year around.

So, I jumped at the chance to work in Newton at a Dr's. office. Dr. Saliba is a wonderful physician who has recently opened his own office in Newton. I am the office nurse. Today was my first day.

Emily woke me up before my alarm was set to ring. I left my house at 7:45, grabbed a Blackberry Jasmine Green Tea at Solid Grounds (my favorite place in town), and was at work by 7:55. AMAZING:) This is in contrast to waking up at 4:00 to leave the house by 5:00 to get to work by 7:00 (time change). Then working 12-16-20 hours days and driving the home half asleep. Julie French has done this for years, she is a superwoman, I don't hold a candle to her.

So, today was a good day. I took care of people I have known my whole life and gave out several hugs. It will take a few days to feel comfortable in my surroundings, I have never worked in an office before, but I can tell I am going to like the work. I know there are downfalls, I realize I am going to find them along the way. But, being able to run home and eat lunch with my kids, going to the bank any day I need to, and knowing my day is over at 5:00 every evening is a great feeling.

6 comments:

amberlindemann said...

Congrats!

I'm so glad you enjoyed your first day............

I'm sure that Hank and the kids will love having you around more!

amber

Amanda M said...

What what a great feeling to be able to be close to your family. You have worked VERY hard to be where you are today, and you deserve to be close to your family. Congrats!

Nancy said...

Congrats!! You made a good decisions. And Dr. George is awesome!!!

Ashley and Evan said...

I remember you talking about this job when we were home last. That is so exciting!!! Can you imagine how much you will save on gas??? And, it will be great being able to spend more time with your family. Congratulations!

hncfarley said...

I must admit, I am very jealous. But I am also very very happy for you!! You deserve it.

Christina said...

I'm a new reader to your blog. It is super cute and fun to read!
Congrats on the new job! That's definitely exciting news!