Friday, June 6, 2008

My new washer and dryer

Last night Hank told me our dryer quit. We have never had a new washer or dryer, always used. So, with the heaping piles of clothes I have to wash this weekend, we went today to buy our new dryer.
I decided I didn't want a front loader, don't ask why, I just don't. So, I decided on a top loader without the agitator. Whirlpool and Kenmore makes one.
First we went to Menard's, they had the dryer I wanted, only in black. Now, I may be old fashioned, but I like good old white appliances. Oh, I think the red ones are really cool, but I don't know if I think they are cool long term, and with washer and dryer combos running around $2,000, I need long term.
Next we went to Sears, they had a white Kenmore Elite set I liked, so we bought it. We brought it home and hooked it up. The flippin washer doesn't work. Luckily, I bought the extended warranty plan, unfortunately it doesn't start until tomorrow.

1 comment:

hncfarley said...

Suck ass!! They won't just take it back and give you new???? Doesn't it have to work to begin with to even be covered by warranty?
We had Kenmore appliances in the old house, all new, and had problems with every single one of them. We thought it was just us, but I think it is the company.
What a huge pain in you ass!