Saturday, July 5, 2008

Glimpses of my weekend

Emily on the Dragon Ride.
Hayden and I on the carousel. He wasn't too much into it
Emily and Nana in the Bears
Hayden and I on the big slide, he really liked this one
After the ride is over and right before Hayden stepped into a huge mud puddle. Of course, the upstanding citizen running the big slide ride didn't even try to stop him from walking right into the mud, he just laughed.
Hayden and Emily on the cars.
Meme and Emily on the carousel

Emily on the cars. This was on Wednesday night with Dalton (my nephew).
Dalton in the truck, he thought he was cool
Emily and Dalton in the cars. The are best friends, they are going to get in a lot of trouble one day.
Happy 4th of July everyone.
Emily doing dishes for the first time. I told her she was going to help me rinse dishes if she wanted to go swimming. She did a really good job and there wasn't very much water on the floor, so I kept my end of the bargain and we went swimming.
This picture fast forwards me 10 years because Emily looks so grown up standing at the sink. Time is flying by and I have to remember to slow down and enjoy Hank and the kids. I have thought a lot about that this weekend. Without getting sappy, lesson learned. My goal is to do better.


4 comments:

Sarah D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah D said...

the slide gave us the exact same problem!

What idiot sets it up in a ditch with a mudhole for a landing spot?

The guy operating the slide kind of took a shine to me and talked my ear off with that and the mud, Cliff was not so happy. I suggested that the guy was hitting on me. Cliff found that a little hard to believe. What Cliff does not know that like that Mexicans and Blacks, Carnies also like a larger gal!

hncfarley said...

Oh my gosh! Emily looks soo big!
Very smart way to get her to help out.
I heard she was the cutest little miss at the pageant, and definately the "crowd pleaser"

DeAnn said...

Emily was definitely a crowd pleaser. I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. It reminded me so much of what our boys would do if there was a little mr. pageant. She was super cute and I loved her "personality" as well.